‘Married woman can sponsor family in UAE’

Under the UAE immigration law, the two most common types of visas, allowing one to enter the country, are a tourist visa and a residence visa.

A woman can sponsor her family only if she is married and subject to further restrictions. She must also hold a college degree and earn at least Dh10,000 per month.

Here are a few other types of visas, which are less common and some of which are either fairly recent or are being recently amended.This includes, among other things, a student visa, property investor entry-permit and multi-entry work visa.

In general, the biggest differences in visa types lie between residence visa and all other visas.The residence visa offers the greatest range of benefits.